1 1 1 1 Palazzo Zaguri Palazzo Zaguri housed some of the most prestigious Venetian families over the centuries. The first records date back to 1353, when it was partly sold to the Cavallo family. Among the most important owners during the 15th century there were rich silk merchants belonging to the Pasqualini family portrayed by the greatest painters of all time: from Giorgione to Antonello da Messina. Palazzo Zaguri hosted sumptuous feasts which saw the participation of aristocrats and rulers. The Priuli family, related to Doge Andrea Vendramin and the secretary of the dreaded Council of Ten, Pietro Pellegrini, later purchased part of the palace. Pietro's father was a well-known collector: he brought over thirty statues to the palace and commissioned works from local artists including Alessandro Vittoria (Trento 1525 - Venice 1608) who produced a bust now housed in the Vicenza Civic Museum. Tintoretto himself depicted members of the Priuli family. Later the palace was bought by the Zaguri family. Among the last members of the family there was Peter I (1733-1806) who designed and financed the facade of the Church of San Maurizio and was a friend and protector of Giacomo Casanova and Lorenzo Da Ponte, both of whom stayed at Ca’ Zaguri. In the 18th century, on the ground floor of the building, spaces were rented for such activities as coffee shops, trendy zingy drinks, the sale of tobacco and spices (pharmacies). The venue of the Congregation of Vicenza and subsequently the seat of a school, the building was abandoned in time. After an important restoration it is now an important exhibition venue.

Three exhibitions:

Real Bodies, Venice Secrets, Human Art Exhibition - Leonardo Da Vinci
  Hours From 1st November to 3rd May 2020, every day, from 10.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. (last entrance at 6.00 p.m.) Contacts Palazzo Zaguri
Campo San Maurizio, Venezia
Return to Museums
2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 6 6 6 6 7 7 7 7